With 88 countries and more than 2800 world class participating athletes, the 2014 Winter Olympic Games, officially known as the XXII Olympic Winter Games, was a major international multi-sport event held on the beautiful city of Sochi, Russia, located on the Black Sea coast.
Among them were 190 top athletes from the USANA Sponsored Team, who competed to bring the gold, silver or bronze medals to their respective countries, (Canada, United States, Great Britain, South Korea) but indirectly also for USANA Health Sciences who sponsored them.
With an impressive 30 medals (13 gold, 7 silver, and 10 bronze), Team USANA surpassed its 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games medals where they earned in total 22 medals (6 gold, 8 silver, and 8 bronze).
If Team USANA was a country, it would have placed second in the overall medal count with a solid 30 podium appearances: – 13 gold – 7 silver – 10 bronze and tied with Russia for the most gold medals of the Games!
Usana’s Sochi Champions Review:
- The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association scored 17 medals (8 gold, 3 silver, 6 bronze) during the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
- Speed Skating Canada captured 5 medals (1 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze) during the Games, two of which were earned by long tracker Denny Morrison, from Fort St. John, British Colombia- Canada
- Ambassador Meaghan Mikkelson-Reid from the Canada’s Women’s Hockey Team, secured gold for the second consecutive time after Canada’s women’s hockey team defeated the USA 3–2 in overtime.
- Five USANA-sponsored athletes of South Korea’s Speed Skating team brought home 5 medals, three of which 2 gold and 1 bronze were secured by their world champion Park Seung-Hi!
- U.S. Speedskating Short-Tack athletes (J.R. Celski, Eddy Alvarez, Chris Creveling, and Jordan Malone) took home for their team’s silver medal in the 5000m relay.
- Erin Hamlin of U.S. Luge secured bronze in the women’s single event, becoming the first American luger to medal at any Winter Games.
Although they didn’t reach the podium, I would like to congratulate also Biathlon Canada, Cross Country Canada, U.S. Women’s Ski Jumping Team and Great Britain Short Track Speed Skating athletes on their tremendous achievements.
We all know that Athletes are always working and training hard to break records and to push limits. For them recovery time and proper nutrition is vital for their performances. So, it’s no wonder that more than 600 world-class athletes trust their Health and Performances with USANA’s Health Sciences top quality products. From being the official nutritional sponsor for the Women’s Tennis Association and to many Olympic teams, USANA provides a One-Million dollar Guarantee that their products are safe and effective.
But USANA doesn’t make products for athletes only but for everyone seeking a better health.
Usana manufactures high-quality supplements, personal care, energy, and weight-management products in their FDA-registered facility in Salt Lake City, Utah. USANA’s products, tested by NSF International and used by more than 600 professional athletes, are developed by the company’s award-winning team of scientists and sold directly to Preferred Customers and Associates in 18 international markets (including also Romania). Named one of Outside magazine’s “Best Places to Work” for four consecutive years, USANA has received more than 100 state, national and international accolades, including Utah Best of State, Stevie Awards, Australian Business Awards, and others.
To learn more about USANA and how to become an independent associate or a USANA Sponsored Athletes, visit my USANA business page http://www.mariofit.usana.com/ and contact me to join my team.
Subscribe to my e-newsletter and get the most updated information on fitness, nutrition, health and self-protection. E-Newsletter: http://teccrab.us5.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=eeefd036ccbe60061e371ed43&id=19190c8bfd